Hakuna Matata!!!

3:38 AM

This has got to be the most boring Sunday of my life... in 2009… so far. Although my day started early as it was our family’s feast day in honor of Sto. Niño and we went to celebrate it at the ancestral home in Benolho with mass and luncheon, my afternoon became the most boring thing since the movie, Saint Ange. (That movie still is #1 on my list of The Worst Movie I Wasted A Movie Ticket Over *EVER*!) So yeah, back to my afternoon. I had no one to waste a perfectly warm, if not scorching, day with. Manoy was already in Tagaytay for his culinary thing so that leaves me with no one to bug. With too much freaking time on my hands, I posted really, really “Old School” pix at Facebook. [ATTENTION: Paulinians ’99!!!]

So then I decided to drag two of my buddies to swim with me in my sea of ennui. Not having a lot of choices of a place to crash here in our beloved little town, Pajan, Archie, and I then decided to grab some merienda at La Vigia. Our casual chitchat led me to a realization that until now I still can’t shake. Thus, the blog.

We were discussing life in general when we reached the topic of finances. Being Math-challenged and all, I had managed to come up with a 6-digit figure of how much I had spent in the past year or so. I was startled, no, I was stunned! I didn’t realize I was THAT extravagant and impractical. I could have bought a really nice car or opened a bar of my own or even send myself to culinary school!!! I wanted to run towards the bay and drown myself in regret. With all things said and done, I can’t do much now but charge it to experience, or better yet, charge it to EXPENSES!

So I conferred with the boys and gave them permission to go ahead and change my passwords online (and not tell me what they will be whatever it takes) so I might stop browsing and get tempted to splurge with  the convenience of online shopping. That was actually the brilliant idea of my cousin who suggested a few days back that it was probably the best thing to do to avoid all the cyber temptations. So there. Come February 1st, I shall stop spending and start saving! Good news, huh? Well, let’s just cross our fingers I don’t easily break this promise like I did with my New Year’s resolution.

Expect no more gadget reviews in the coming months. Gosh, this blog is going to be even more boring than ever! I’m sure nobody would bother checking my site anymore. Boohoo! Oh well, maybe I’ll just channel all the power of my wits to other areas in life. Since I’m half-way through my quarter-life crisis, I might as well get in touch with the more serious side of myself. *yawn* Booooooooorrrrrrriiiiinnnggg!!! *rolls eyes*

But then again, Hakuna Matata!!! Life is too full of rich possibilities. You’ll never know. I might win the Lotto… though I’m just one of the millions of who dream of it. Hee hee. Oh well, if we were to dream, we ought to dream BIG! The lottery isn’t an exemption! LOL! So right now, I am just gonna go ahead and grab myself a beer (perhaps a whole case?) and get me some good night’s sleep (and maybe a hangover after?) as I move on with my life, with frugality and practicality this time.

Wish me luck, you guys! ^_^



P.S. I miss Manoy. ='(

恭喜發財,利是逗來,伍毫嫌少,壹蚊唔愛 !!! ^_^
Kung Hei Fat Choy!!!


⋆✌㋡ღ⋆ ia\m/^_^\m/ai 陳美西

You Might Also Like

17 comments

Instagram

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images